Monday, April 18, 2005

"Thanks For Trying"

I picked up an orange pop today. I didn't notice the "check under the cap -- you could be a winner" message on the label until I was in the car. It went on to say that I had a 1 in 5 chance of winning a Pepsi and a slim chance of winning a mini iPod. Foolishly believing that after everything we've been through we deserve to win something (anything -- even a friggin' can of Pepsi) I pick, pick, picked away at the plastic cap liner until it finally came loose.

"Thanks for trying". That's what it said in screaming white letters on a happy blue background.

"Thanks for trying". Well isn't that just fan-freakin-tastic. And if that doesn't just sum up my life these days. "Thanks for trying".

Why does it feel like the world is laughing at me today?

No comments: