Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Now I lay me down to sleep





Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep offers remembrance photography - photographs taken by volunteer professional photographers - to parents suffering the loss of a baby. Their entire network of affiliated photographers graciously donate their time and talents so that NILMDTS can offer this invaluable service to grieving families at no cost. The heirloom photographs of these beautiful babies are an important part of the healing process.

That's why donations are greatly needed and  so greatly appreciated.

In celebration of their 5th anniversary, they have started a $5 donation campaign and are asking people to donate $5 to this very worthy and important cause.

If you're so inclined, you can donate here

NILMDTS wasn't around when Thomas died. I can only imagine the beautiful photographs we might have today if they were...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sherry said...

NILMDTS was still in its infancy (haha) when we lost Ryan, so we didn't know about their invaluable service. And, maybe there weren't even any local photographers available yet, so it may have been a moot point.

Still, I find myself dreaming about the pictures we might have had if we had known about them back then ...

loribeth said...

When we had Katie, digital photography was just taking off. All I got were six Polaroids taken by the nurses. They are awful, but of course they are precious because they're all I have. My support group facilitator also led education sessions for nurses, funeral home directors, etc. She said she'd love to borrow them as examples of how NOT to take bereavement photos. I sure wish NILMDTS had been around then. They do gorgeous work.