Thursday, June 16, 2005

Well isn't this interesting...

Yesterday my beloved told me that a girl he works with is 3.5 months pregnant with twins. She just told everyone yesterday -- and she burst out into tears when she told him. Her two little ones would have been conceived right about the same time Thomas was born. Or, as my beloved put it, right about the time we were going through our own private hurricane.

The interesting thing is, I'm happy for her. Really happy. They're the nicest couple and have been trying for a long time (unbeknownst to everyone, as is often the case). That's not to say I haven't been happy for the 101 other people who seem to have gotten pregnant since Thomas died, but this time the happiness for them came with hardly any sadness for me. Very, very, interesting.

This feels good.

Finally.

No comments: