Monday, September 24, 2007

It actually seemed like a good idea for a split second

We watch a lot of reality TV, My Beloved and I. Rocker Moms, 'Till Debt do us Part, Rich Bride Poor Bride, My Super Sweet 16, Wedding S.O.S, Nanny 911 - whatever happens to tickle our fancy, amuse us and/or make us feel a little less pathetic (there's nothing like watching people humiliate themselves on TV to make you feel better about your own particular lot in life).

Last night during during a commercial break we had the following conversation:

HIM (with a mischievous twinkle in his eye): They should do a show called "Sob Story".

ME: Sob Story?

HIM: Yeah, you go on and tell your sob story - like a Baby Story or Wedding Story but different - not so happy. And we could go on it.

ME: Ooooh yeah, and at the end of the show they turn your story into a happy one by giving you whatever it was that you lost. THAT'S how we could get a baby!

Oh the wacky, morbid humor of the childless and bereaved...

8 comments:

Carole said...

I watched alot of Super Sweet Sixteen after losing Joseph. Not sure why it made me feel better...but it did. Sometimes humor is the thing that keeps me going.
~Carole

Megan said...

How about a return of "Queen for a Day" in which two women competed to have the worst tale of woe...

niobe said...

That's such a brilliant idea that I'm almost speechless. People just luuuv hearing about or seeing others' misery (which, I think, in large part explains the popularity of the shows where one contestant is eliminated each time). Pitch it to someone in the business before someone else steals the idea.

SaraS-P said...

I'd watch it.

topcat said...

I'm finally de-lurking to say thank you so much for your honesty.

And, you are, you know. Cool Enough to Blog.

x

Trish said...

hahahaa.. Love it!

Ruby said...

I wanna play.

Ruby said...

i meant be a contestant.