Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's the best I can do

Today, being Thanksgiving here in Canada, the priest challenged us to think of two new things to be thankful for this year. Which is an especially challenging task for me since the holidays tend to bring out the big blue funk in me - and I'm usually anything but thankful when I'm feeling funky and blue.

But I'm nothing if not determined, so here we go:

1. I'm glad that when we came home from our first Thanksgiving dinner of the weekend tonight we found the cat vomit on the bed before it had a chance to soak all the way through to the mattress.

2. I'm thankful that I haven't had any surgeries or miscarriages this year. Granted, that also means that I'm probably still full of scar tissue (having opted out of surgery in September), and that I haven't been pregnant at all. But still.

There. Done.

Amen.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Yeah. Done. Sometimes that's the best you can do.

I am glad the cat vomit didn't seep into the mattress though. That would be pretty yucky.

If it makes any difference at all, I think of you often. And I keep knocking on God's door on your behalf.

Heather said...

Well, you did better than me. I couldn't think of anything to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Except my husband. That was it. And he's not new.

I think God will have to forgive me this year...