Monday, November 06, 2006

Monkeying around

I learned a few things this weekend...

1. You can't drown out sad thoughts with opera on the car stereo. The Barber of Seville will not push unwanted memories of your baby shower from your brain, no matter how loud you crank the volume.

2. Miraculously, sometimes Clomid gives you a grace period and you have two or three very, very, very happy days in a row. Well, not counting the brief opera fiasco.

3. I can make a monkey in a weekend. And I can fall ridiculously in love with said monkey who I somehow find oddly comforting.

4. I can overlook the tiny flaws in a crocheted monkey but I can't overlook flaws in myself.

5. The monkey is lucky.

10 comments:

Becci said...

awww, he's so cute!!!

Catherine said...

hehehe...he is cute!

Might I suggest some sort of loud rock and roll to drown out the memories? My favorite these days is Rob Thomas, "I'm not real anymore...I am an illusion."

kate said...

very very cute monkey!

Anna said...

SO CUTE!! Almost as cute as the little pumpkin hat (which Andrew LOVES by the way)...Can I pay you to make him a monkey??

Woman who knits said...

OMG!!! He's so cute!!! I need to venture into the world of knitted animals!!

Denise said...

Adorable!!!

Margaret said...

:-D Very cute monkey!

Rosepetal said...

I like the sound of "very, very, very happy" even it is only for a few days.

KatieMc said...

Monkey reminds me a bit of Tigger--is he balancing on his tail? :-)

Rosemarie said...

You have such a talent.