Wednesday, July 11, 2007

From the garden...

It's mid July and things are finally happening in the garden. For instance, my hollyhock is getting eaten by baby bunnies who are annoyingly tiny enough to sneak in through the slats in the fence, and my roses are being carefully and thoroughly devoured by a troop of hungry Japanese Beetles.

But aside from the carnage, things are good.

See for yourself...

This is the beautiful blue balloon flower I planted for Sherry's sweet little Ryan in my angel garden. It has easily doubled in size, and for some reason it's much bluer than it was last year. I absolutely adore it.



And here's the Carpathian Bellflower I planted in memory of another friend's two little angel Buttons. I planted it beside Ryan's balloon flower, as you can see below...





Finally, there's one of Rosepetal's marigolds, the bleeding heart from my mom and dad's garden and the white "David" phlox in memory of the David my mom was going to marry when she was 23. He was killed in a car accident less than a year before their wedding. (This isn't the greatest picture, but at least they all managed to fit into it...)



And that's how my garden is growing these days.

5 comments:

BigP's Heather said...

I've never seen that blue balloon flower before, it is absolutely gorgeous!

niobe said...

The blue of the balloon flower is just breathtaking. And how wonderfully thoughtful of you to be planting flowers to honor so many other people's memories.

Sherry said...

Your angel garden has sprung to life in the month since I last saw it! And the blue in the balloon flower is amazing; mine still looks very purpley ... not that that's a bad thing for a purple lover like me. ;-)

I, too, love that you also plant flowers to honor others' memories.

Rosepetal said...

Thanks, a beautiful garden

Erin said...

beautful flowers... now if only we'd rain so it can stay that way!