Sunday, July 10, 2005

Six, seven, eight...

I need to do a little more blessing counting. It's another bad day...

6. I just got a really nice e-mail from my cousin who is 14 years older than me and has memories of the two grandparents I never knew (they died before I was born). I'd asked her to tell me about them, and she did. Her e-mail warmed my heart and made me feel closer to both her and our grandparents. It made me cry too, but in a good way.

7. My beloved is taking me out this afternoon "to buy stuff" (A.K.A. shopping therapy). We may be in the poor house soon (we've been sad for four months now and practicing our brand of retail therapy quite regularly) but it will take my mind off my stupid body and the tricks it's been playing on me, and I know we'll have fun spending the afternoon together.

8. I'm going to eat chocolate today. I don't know when or in what form, but I'm having it. Maybe a lot of it.

9. I can see and walk and hear (things I often take for granted, especially when I'm feeling particularly sorry for myself).

10. I'm having a good hair day.

No comments: