Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Finally planted!

It's been a busy, dirty day - but the good news is the angel garden is finally planted. Fingers crossed that the weather forecast was correct and it WON'T drop down below 9C this week!

It's not much to look at just yet (everything is still small and only a few things are blooming - and I know you can't really see much of anything) but hopefully soon (if all goes well) it will fill out and start to look like something very pretty indeed.

I started everything inside except the rose bush (I found an Angel Face this morning!), the two purple heliotropes and the Cranberry Cotoneaster (a gift from my Aunt in Thomas' memory).

Without further ado...




This pretty white cosmo bloomed while it was still in the kitchen! I'm hoping the rest do as well in their new home in the garden.



And now, to bed!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristin it looks great what a wonderful job and the weather is supposed to be nice this week ;) Hope you get a good rest :)

Laura said...

Beautiful and inspiring! I love the shape of it.

Abby said...

Hey, I see Thomas' stone found a home! I'm so glad. :)

The garden looks beautiful so far, and I can't wait to see more pictures!

Chrissy said...

The garden looks wonderful! I can't wait to see future pictures of everything growing and blooming!

grumpyABDadjunct said...

Lovely! I'm sure the weather will hold now, it has been cold but I think (hope) that is behind us now.

We get such pleasure out of the tree we planted in honour of our daughter, I hope that this garden brings that to you as well.

Becci said...

How beautiful, that's a great way to honor his memory.

Kori said...

CK it's beautiful :) *hugs* thanks for sharing.

kate said...

Oh it's beautiful, it is going to be wonderful! I cannot wait to see it in full bloom! Are those the tall cosmos or the short ones? I am going to plant some of the tall ones, one of these days...never got around to starting the seeds so i have to go look for the plants...

Excellent that you found Angel Face! Home Depot, eh? Hmmm....(i have no space left in my rose garden though, ahem...)