Monday, March 26, 2007

A good deed

A friend just sent me this...

"I was just watching the news and came across this story about Shane Bernier. A 7 year old boy, whose wish is to break the record for number of birthday cards received.

He is currently undergoing cancer treatments in Lancaster, ON. What a heart-breaking story and such a big thing for a little person to deal with. I’m passing this on because I want him to reach his goal. I want him to believe that people care. And I want him to win this horrible battle. I don’t know him, and am not related to him. But he matters.

If you want to help his dream come true, please send Shane a birthday card before May 30th, 2007. The current record is well over 30 million, but just know that whether or not he reaches this goal is unimportant. What is important is having a dream. It’s knowing that people all over the world are rooting for him!

IF YOU WISH TO SEND SHANE A BIRTHDAY CARD:

SHANE BERNIER
Po Box 484
Lancaster Ontario
Canada K0C 1NO


This is actually a true story and a real request. If you want more information about Shane (and proof that this isn't just another urban myth) click here and here.

Good luck little man!

1 comment:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Good luck to him. I have a card in my drawer I can send along. Thanks for the heads up.