Friday, May 25, 2007

And so in the end...

...the discussion with my priest went well. It went really, really well.

He was all for the idea of a Mass of remembrance - or some sort of memorial service - for lost children. The plan is to have the first one sometime in the Fall and to see where it goes from there. Maybe it'll be an annual event, maybe it'll take on a life of its own and become a monthly event, or maybe it'll spin off into a group of some sort - who knows? The sky's the limit.

The sky's the limit, can you imagine that?

He was kind, understanding and compassionate . And he didn't seem to mind all the crazy lady babble at all.

Will wonders never cease?

Whew. Seriously, whew.

12 comments:

Ruby said...

That's great! I'm so glad your meeting was so productive.

I'm still wondering if (hoping) your pregnant. ;-)

Lori said...

That's awesome!! I am so thankful he was so receptive. I will bet there will end being a lot of families who will be so grateful you had the courage to have this meeting.

delphi said...

It never ceases to amaze me how some of the things we are so afraid to do end up being so wonderful in the end. The people that you least expect a compassionate shoulder from can turn out to be great supports.

I am so glad this meeting went well. It sounds so promising!

Rosepetal said...

I'm so glad he was receptive, and kudos to you for making something positive out of your hurt.

Sara said...

That's wonderful. I'm so happy it turned out so well. I'm sure he didn't think you were crazy at all, but was just as touched by your love for Thomas as we all have been.

Catherine said...

At the risk of sounding condescending, I'm glad you didn't chicken out of that meeting. :o)

Lisa P. said...

I'm glad the meeting went well!

Ann Howell said...

That's great news! It took a lot of courage to have that conversation and I'm glad to hear that it was received so well. I'm sure everyone who attends that mass will be so glad that someone made the effort to recognize their pain and suffering.

niobe said...

That's wonderful. I'm sure this will mean a lot, not only to you, but to so many other grieving families as well.

Aurelia said...

I'm glad he was so wonderful. I'm sorry I didn't get that info about memorial services to you earlier, I've been busy this week, as you may have seen from your email!

I'll look for everything this weekend.

kate said...

Whew! Excellent!!

Angela said...

Woohoo!