Friday, May 11, 2007

Edited to add...

I should clarify that My Beloved has never made me feel invisible on Mother's Day. The first one, just two months after Thomas's death, he gave me a card and treated me to pancakes as well as incredible tenderness and love all day long (a routine he repeated last year too). That same year a very good friend of mine sent me a bouquet of flowers, and I just got a Mother's Day card from her in the mail yesterday, despite the fact that she is currently living through her own personal hell at the moment.

I was being overly woe-is-me yesterday. I apologize for being a drama queen.

Heather and Miraclebaby, thank you so much for your incredibly sweet offers to buy me a mom shirt. I'm awed by the kindness and compassion that exists in this small little world we have here in blogland.

Here's what I want you to do though - take the money you would have spent on a shirt and buy something for yourselves - both of you. Chocolate, a movie, a good book - whatever. Knowing you wanted to buy me a shirt is gift enough for me.

Truly, it is.

Thank you, so very, very much.

4 comments:

Becci said...

You're welcome:) Happy Mother's day.

Rosepetal said...

No-one could ever ever call you a drama queen, Msfitzita. You are an inspiration not a drama queen.

Kim said...

I would like to echo what Rosepetal said. You were not being dramatic at all - just honest. :) Happy Mother's Day.

Aurelia said...

You are NOT being overly dramatic, you are being normal and human and you deserve the best. Take care this weekend, much hugs to you!

(And if you ever want to chat about that timeline thing...email me, I have some ideas, but I don't want to impose.)