Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Signs

A million and one things happened today that I thought I'd blog about. And some things happened that I don't want to blog about. Yet.

But ugh, now I can't remember one single thing I did think was blog-worthy.

Oh, except that while we were out in search of a particularly elusive part of my sister's birthday present I saw a sign that confused me. Next to two wheelchair parking spots was one reserved for "expectant mothers".

I think the artist who supplied the line drawing for said sign is confused about the way expectant mothers actually "carry" their babies prior to birth. It's not, as the picture seemed to suggest, in a baby carriage.

Having carried a baby for 9 months I can say with certainty that it would have been nice to be able to opt for that method of gestation - especially towards the end - but as far as I know modern science hasn't yet figured out a way to grow babies outside the womb.

The sign was stupid. But all I can think about is how much I hope one day I'll be able use that parking space.

No comments: