Sunday, January 29, 2006

Project Linus

I know this is my third entry today (I just can't seem to stop talking) but as soon as I stumbled upon Project Linus I knew I had to post about it right away.

According to the organization's Canadian homepage, Project Linus is a 100% volunteer non-profit organization whose mission to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, homemade, washable blankets and afghans, lovingly crafted by volunteer blanketeers.

I've been wanting to do something like this - needing to, actually - and I'm just so glad I accidentally stumbled upon this wonderful organization (unless it was a little angel who directed me there!).

They have active chapters in both in Canada and the United States and the links to both country's home pages are posted below, in case any of my crafty friends and family are interested in taking up the challenge.

Canadian Chapter http://www.plcanada.cjb.net/

American Chapter http://www.projectlinus.org/index.shtml

I just started crocheting again after a very long hiatus, and I'm putting a Project Linus blankie on my to-do list for sure.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

What a wonderful organization. Thanks for posting about it. There is a chapter near me and I'll be donating one of the many homemade blankets that Logan received and never used.