Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Retail therapy



So we went out and got a chair for the newly painted office.

It was a little more than the $1.36 we spent on Friday, but it was still a very good deal. And I like it. And it soothes me. And I will buy things, dammit, because there's a hole in my heart and I'm not eating enough to fill it.

And that's the way it goes.

Now as for you, thank you so much for the reassurances - all of you. I can't fathom the guilt ever leaving me. I don't know how it's possible to get rid of something that feels like it runs through every fiber of my being, but it does help to know I'm alone in pointing the big ugly finger of blame my way. At least there's that.

And Amy, yes, I remember you. It's so nice to "see" you - and to know that you don't blame me either. Thank you. Seriously. Thank you.

And Heather, in case you think I wasn't listening, check out www.lightinguniverse.com - floor lamps GALORE. Poke. Poke. Poke.

And My Beloved, thank you. Over and over and over again, thank you.

5 comments:

Ann Howell said...

Lovely! I've been lusting after a similar chair for an empty corner of our living room. There's something so cozy and inviting about deep brown leather. Maybe because it's reminiscent of chocolate ;)

Catherine said...

I love it!

Your new paint looks much like the color in our dining room. A room with no dining set...yet. Maybe this weekend...? :o)

BigP's Heather said...

Great chair!!

And I've only glanced over the sight briefly, but Holy Cow! Thanks for the link!!

Hennifer said...

That chair makes me want to do naughty things. It is divine!

Julia said...

What a nice color! And I like the look of that chair.
Nice guitar. JD's looks very similar.