Thursday, December 15, 2005

Heavenly peace

It's snowing today. It's been snowing since about 11:00am and it's expected to keep going right through the night. I generally feel a little claustrophobic when we get school-closing kind of storms, but today it's oddly comforting. I baked bread and kind of lazed around the house, writing a few Christmas cards I forgot, e-mailing friends and watching the snow every now and then.

I went outside to shovel around 3:00pm and came back in to the smell of baking bread - it was wonderful.

My Beloved is home safe and sound, we had homemade soup for dinner, we chatted with the neighbours and played with their dog Jasper after My Beloved went out to shovel a second time, and then we came in to play ping pong (he beat me two games to one).

And now it's just about time for a hot shower and bed.

Today was a comforting day. I thought of Thomas, of course, but overall I was content.

It's a Christmas miracle.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I'm glad that you had a better day. Snow is so peaceful, quiet and somehow comforting. Wishing you more Christmas miracles.

Ann Howell said...

We didn't get the snow until last night, but boy did we get it! I opened the door to take the dog out this morning and was greeted by a wall of snow coming up to my knees. And it's still coming down fast and furious! It's a great day to stay inside and bake Christmas cookies. Hope you have a peaceful day...